Friday, January 28, 2011

Using your butternut squash... pt 2

I actually made this recipe at Christmas, but I have been so lazy that I haven't added it yet.



This is my butternut squash "punkin" pie. This was surprisingly tasty! I was very well pleased. I just used a standard pumpkin pie recipe but instead of pumpkin I added butternut squash. I won't post the pie recipe because you can get that anywhere. I will explain how I prepared the squash for use.

2 Butternut squash

Cut the squash in half. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray and place the squash cut side down. Bake @ 350 degrees until soft (30 - 45 min). Let cool. Scoop out all the insides and put in your food processor. Process until smooth. Now use in place of pumpkin in any of your favorite pumpkin recipes. I also made "punkin" chocolate chip cookies that were delish!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment